40 Hour Program Including Online Learning Material
Course dates and to book: June 20-22, 2020, Melbourne. Postponed due to COVID-19.
This course has been developed from the original 5-day, 40hr program. We are excited to deliver a 3-day face-to-face course supported by additional pre- and post-course online learning activities. There will be short keynote lectures spaced between practical sessions, which will focus on practical, hands on technique and developing your palpation. The 4:1 student to tutor ratio enhances the opportunity to obtain the most from these practical sessions, this means one tutor to two pairs of students.
The Fundamentals program is supported by structured educational approach, with set learning outcomes and the goal of ensuring individually supported learning with time allowed for tutor discussion, goal setting and meeting personal learning needs.
- Develop an understanding of the 5 phenomena of the Primary Respiratory Mechanism (PRM).
- Review the anatomy and physiology of the cranial bones and sacrum and their relationships to other anatomical structures.
- Further develop your approach to palpation of the body.
- Discuss the clinical application of the course content with tutors during table sessions.
- Identify and reflect on personal goals or desired learning outcomes of each participant for the course.
1. Teachings in the Science of Osteopathy – the book is edited by Ann Wales from Dr William Sutherland who came up with the concepts covered in this program. It is quite a readable book and includes some technique descriptions. For more and to purchase see here
2. Osteopathy in the Cranial Field by Harold Magoun. The lectures in the Fundamentals are linked to the third edition of this book. It covers the anatomy of the cranium along with your usual anatomical texts. For more details and to purchase see here or here
The program is supported by online learning resources which will be available to course participants before the program and for a period after the program is finished. This program along with the BLT programs are practitioner entry-level programs to osteopathy in the cranial field. They are designed to support new learners to take their skills to their clinical practice.