The SCTF ANZ is a not-for-profit osteopathic teaching group dedicated to promoting osteopathy and the work of Dr William Garner Sutherland. We recognise the knowledge and skills built by our forebears and the importance of passing this on person-to-person and hand-to-hand. The SCTF ANZ offers two programs for osteopathic students which are designed to enhance students’ knowledge, palpation, and treatment techniques.
1. Introduction to osteopathy in the cranial field (OCF)
2. Palpation of the body – an introduction to balanced ligamentous tension (BLT).
The two programs are stand-alone. They are designed to complement each other and
- support the implementation of skills directly into the clinical practice.
- provide the opportunity to meet experienced practitioners from the profession.
- support an introduction to the post-graduate SCTF ANZ programs.
Both programs feature
- small tutorial groups to support for skill development and building palpation confidence.
- theory and related research for each topic.
- time for discussion, questions and practical skill building.
Introduction to OCF
This one day student course is designed specifically to provide an introduction to Dr W G Sutherland’s principles of osteopathy in the cranial field (OCF). This course focuses on techniques of the cranium and spine. It provides the opportunity for development of palpatory skills.
Course dates: see our upcoming courses
Palpation of the Body – an introduction to BLT
Dr Sutherland’s approach to treatment was a whole body approach. With this in mind, the ‘Palpation of the Body’ one day course is designed specifically to introduce techniques related to the treatment of the extremities. It will also enhance palpation skills.
Course date: see our upcoming courses